Monday, January 7, 2013

One Month

Happy one month birthday baby boy! I can't believe how much you've changed in what seems like such a short amount of time. I love watching you grow and change every day! You smiled at me for the first time this past week! It melted my heart. I can't wait for you to smile more and more! It's my favorite thing you do. Your yawns are a close second though. They're the cutest little yawns ever.  The other day you rolled from your stomach to your back. I'm pretty sure you were just throwing your weight back and forth and ended up rolling over. Judging by the look on your face you were pretty surprised to suddenly be staring at the ceiling rather than the floor. Either way we were all very excited for you! Your grandma, aunt Dannah, daddy and I were there to see it. You haven't been to the doctor since your two week check up. You weighed 9 lbs 12.8 oz at that appt and measured in at 22.5 inches long!! We don't go back until your two month appt, and I can't imagine how much you will have grown! Your still waking up several times a night to be changed and eat. I'm hoping that we will start to sleep a little longer here soon :). You are really starting to love your paci. We used to have to do a little coaxing to get you to take it but now you're more than happy to take it. Everyone loves to snuggle you so you don't spend much time out of our arms. You're just so "snugglable". You're starting to have more awake times (not always during the day). I love watching you discover things like faces and other objects. Yesterday morning you were laying in bed between me and dad and he rolled over to face you in his sleep. You looked right at his face and started swinging your arms around with excitement. You smacked him in the face and woke him up. It was adorable and he was just as excited to see you as you were to see him. You love to lay on your changing table and look around. You are quite fascinated with the walls of the table.  You've met quite a few relatives this month! Between Christmas and your arrival we've all been very busy. I'm loving every moment that I get to spend with you and dreading the day I have to go back to work. I can't believe this first month is already over. I love you more than anything and can't wait to see what this next month brings. 
Love, Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment