Friday, October 7, 2011

Crazy Coincidences

Today I took Chinook to the dog park. It's one of our new favorite past times! It not only gives the cats a break from his craziness, but it also gets rid of a lot of his energy, therefore saving my sanity. :) So today while we were at the park this gorgeous dog showed up and I knew right away that he was a Malamute! We have a lot of Huskies that hang around the dog park so sometimes it can be a little difficult to tell from a distance, but for this big boy, I just knew. :) So I began talking to his owner and we ended up finding out that we both got our Mals from Missouri, and the same breeder, and then we found out that they are from the same Mom AND Dad! It was Chinook's brother! His name is Kodiak, see pictures of him here, and he's from a previous litter from Brown's Big Babies. He too is from Kiara (see pictures here) and Admiral (see pictures here)!! I was so blown away that I just happened to be at the dog park in Morton, IL at the same time as this guy who has the same rare breed from the same breeder AND the same parents! It was so cool! Kodiak's owners said that Chinook looks just like Kodiak did when he was younger! At a little over a year Kodiak weighs a majestic 110 lbs! He's beautiful! It gives me so much to look forward to with Chinook :) I of course, couldn't help but get a picture! It's a little blurry, but he's still so pretty! Do you see a resemblance?

No comments:

Post a Comment